Before getting to the predictions for this weekend, here is a quick look at some of the stories from Week 6 in the NFL:
- The Bengals and Panthers played out the first tie of the 2014 NFL season. The final score of 37-37 was the highest number of points in a tied game since the introduction of sudden death overtime for regular season contests in 1974.
- Denver’s win over the Jets in the stadium in which they lost the Super Bowl last February means they are 8-2 in their last 10 games, with the two defeats both coming against the Seahawks.
- Green Bay should have been out of sight of Miami by half-time, but their victory ended up being really exciting as Aaron Rodgers faked a spike on the second-to-last play of the game, then threw a touchdown pass to Andrew Quarless with three seconds remaining.
- Only two teams have been shutout so far in 2014: the New York Jets in San Diego in week 5; followed up by their fellow Jerseyites the Giants, who lost 27-0 in Philadelphia last Sunday night.
- People are starting to believe that the Cowboys are for real, as they inflicted just the second home defeat on Russell Wilson’s Seahawks, winning 30-23 in Seattle. Their game this Sunday at home to the Giants looks like a foregone conclusion – so my guess is that it will be a huge letdown game for Dallas, with Tony Romo throwing multiple interceptions.
- 1 minutes and 3 seconds into the second quarter of their contest with the Buccaneers, the Ravens were 35-0 up with Joe Flacco having thrown five touchdown passes.
- The Raiders and Jaguars lost their Week 6 games by a combined five points – with Oakland particularly impressive against the Chargers – but both teams remain winless at 0-5 and 0-6 respectively.
Week 6 Picks
Last week, 7-8; Season, 49-42
Home teams in bold
Jets +9.5 over Patriots
Ravens -6.5 over Falcons
Vikings +4.5 over Bills
Dolphins +3.5 over Bears
Colts -2.5 over Bengals
Jaguars +4.5 over Browns
Saints +2.5 over Lions
Panthers +6.5 over Packers
Titans +4.5 over Washington
Seahawks -6.5 over Rams
Chargers -4.5 over Chiefs
Giants +6.5 over Cowboys
Cardinals -3.5 over Raiders
49ers +6.5 over Broncos
Texans +3.5 over Steelers
One thought on “NFL 2014 Week 7 Picks”